Give your content the distribution it deserves. Use trending sounds. This is a constant stream of content prompts tied to trending sounds that the algorithm pushes out to massive audiences.
No one follows a creator for posting great trends. They follow because of their personality or a recurring series. Learn more about this here
Commit 25% of your content to trends and the rest to recurring series and your niche. Trends almost always take the form of a sound on TikTok.
- The trick is to ride the wave of each sound during its ascent and peak, and repeating for the next trending sound, and so on.
How to find trending sounds
This is how you can effectively identify trending sounds on TikTok (which almost always end up on Instagram a few weeks later).
- Set a timer for 10 minutes to scroll through your TikTok For You Page.
- If there's a sound for 2+ videos, add it to your Favorites.
- If the top videos that used that sound were posted in the past two weeks, then it's still trending.
- Your best bet is to make a video using that sound within two days before it starts to descend as a trend. The algorithm will likely distribute your video to more viewers since you're catching the wave at the right time.
Now, use the 7 second method
The algorithm rewards content with watch times higher than 7 seconds.
- You can gamify trending sounds by including blurbs of text on your screen that take more than 7 seconds to read.
- So you're (1) riding the wave of a trending sound at the right moment and (2) increasing your watch completion time so your content gets pushed out to more viewers.
Start earning with Kale
We've got everything you need to get rewarded for your fandom.Sign up